Firearms

Stacykins

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Escanaba, MI
Since I couldn't find a recent thread about firearms (one that wasn't long dead, I don't perform topic necromancy!), I figured I'd start a new one! I really enjoy going plinking, and I am sure others here share that enjoyment! I originally took these pictures to appease a friend of mine who wanted pictures of both my ball python and my boomsticks! So instead of taking separate pictures, I combined the two, and they're not professional at all
tongue.png

My first firearm is my Mossberg 500 Persuader. I got it with home defense in mind. I live in a large city at the moment (moving to Escanaba very soon), and have had my house broken into. While the attempted robbers did not actually make it inside, I intend to make sure if they make it in, they won't make it far. But, it is also a fun gun to own, I love taking it to shoot clay pigeons. I'm not a hunter, but I am sure it could also be used for hunting too. The only non factory addition I made was a recoil reducing, adjustable stock. It makes it a breeze to shoot!

Firearms007.jpg

My second firearm that I got about six months ago rapidly became my favorite. It is a kel-tec sub 2000. I wanted a rifle with more power than a .22, but with affordable rounds, so I went with it since it is a pistol caliber carbine. Since my housemate taught me to reload 9mm ammunition, I couldn't be happier. It is light as a feather, doesn't have much kick back, and is also collapsible. When I take it to the range, I don't put it in a gun case, but instead it fits neatly into a laptop case. It also uses glock magazines, I have several large capacity magazines that I use with it.

Firearms001.jpg

Firearms002.jpg

Both together with a ball python measuring stick!
Firearms011.jpg

Don't let that snake near me, I'll take that gun and shoot the snake with it. OOOwwwwww, snakes, they make my skin crawl.

Ball pythons are pretty chill snakes. I understand being afraid of something though. I used to be petrified of spiders, until I held a Chilean Rosehair (a tarantula) for the first time and realized they aren't all that bad. Like I said, I took the pictures originally for a friend who wanted pictures of both, so I combined them!

Those aren't my type of guns, but my latest purchase is a new Ruger 10/22 with deluxe walnut stock, Simmons 4x32, and a leather sling. I also have a standard model 10/22 that I've had since '78. The new one is pretty much the same as this image I found, except with a nice leather sling:

000_0272.jpg

Nice!

I have a great Remington 700 30.06 with a VariXII scope. I also have a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun for trap shooting. And I love my old S&W 915 semiauto pistol.

Mac, it is hard to beat a practical 10/22, especially one made by Ruger! I bet it is a fun gun to go shooting with! And that Browning Citori XS, no wonder it is your baby, stunning and must shoot like a dream. Thanks for sharing, I love seeing what other people have, since tastes and preferences are so different.

Tigerlilly, I am glad you like both!
big_smile.png

My favorite "plinker" would also be the 10/22.

Favorite high power would be the M1 Garand or the M1A

Favorite shotgun Rem 870

That is an interesting butt stock on your Mossberg Stacykins. Do you have link to the source for those?

We love to shoot, we hunt, and I believe in our right to bear arms. I live in CA and I dont think it will be that long before I cant buy a new one, buy ammunition or have them tell us to hand them over. Time to stock up boys and girls.

Back
Top Bottom