Firefly on Hulu!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wifezilla, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Full episodes and everything!!!!
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/4569/firefly-serenity#s-p1-so-i0

In case you missed it, Firefly was one of the best series ever canceled by TV executive morons. Firefly is a Joss Wheaton production and has some great characters, fantastic writing and some of the best oneliners you will ever find.

Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
    Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
    Mal: "Politely."

2. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    That's it. I am never leaving my computer ever again.

3. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    i read the title of this thread and thought you were talking about the sweet tea flavored vodka or whatever it is...ha ha ha [​IMG]

4. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Pure awesomesauce. Especially in light of how disappointed I've been by "Dollhouse." I love Eliza, and I'm happy to see Amy Acker again, and goodness knows I'm a hardcore Josh fan, but this show needs to STEP IT UP, and quickly.

5. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

My husband loves that series. I will let him know. Thanks!

6. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    DBF's favorite line from that show:

"I'll be in my bunk."

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Someone here has a naughty DBF - Jenns! [​IMG] My favorite episode is "Out of Gas", especially when they get Jane to join. Funny stuff.

If you haven't yet, make sure you watch Dr.Horrible's Sing Along Blog, starring Neil Patrick Harris and the captain

I admit, our nerdiness overfloweth here. We have all of the Buffy's and Firefly (okay, and if I admit it to myself we also have all of the Futoramas, but those are DH and the boys', honest!).

I had heard that Dollhouse was disappointing. The theme seemed a little teen-age boy wishful thinking to me. If I don't start hearing that it improved we may just skip it, I wouldn't want to think less of Joss Whedon's other work because of it.

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    our nerdiness overfloweth here

Isn't that a good thing??

[​IMG]

(Live long and prosper while you're at it [​IMG] )​

9. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Quote:It has really disappointed me. I'd gotten used to Whedon creating positive, proactive, feminist female characters, and the whole premise of "Dollhouse" is definitely several steps backward in that regard. I think it was the second episode that made it clear that the "Dolls" are available for "romantic" assignments to anyone with enough money to write the check. That REALLY upset me. The "dolls" are completely submissive objects, to be used in any way the company's clients see fit.

It's got a real "ick" factor.

10. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Quote:It has really disappointed me. I'd gotten used to Whedon creating positive, proactive, feminist female characters, and the whole premise of "Dollhouse" is definitely several steps backward in that regard. I think it was the second episode that made it clear that the "Dolls" are available for "romantic" assignments to anyone with enough money to write the check. That REALLY upset me. The "dolls" are completely submissive objects, to be used in any way the company's clients see fit.

It's got a real "ick" factor.

That's what the critic for Fresh Air said, and I think I would have issues with it as well. That was one of the biggest things Buffy had going for it, it dealt with some serious social issues and the female characters were not weak in the least.

Honestly, the one little gripe I ever had with Firefly is that it romanticized Inara's profession. That line of work has been fraught with violence and victimization from the beginning, but that character made it seem all rosy. So, I would say though I am disappointed with that angle in Doll House, it doesn't shock me. One would hope for more depth, though, as he has shown in most other areas.

And yes, Wifezilla, I would count nerdiness as a positive [​IMG] DH being a nerd pays the bills, too - Double bonus! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by