Fireing up the incubator...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magikchick, Sep 7, 2008.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Well I'm going to do it again this will be my second round of hatching. The first time went well with 6 of 12 eggs hatched. Out of the six silkies I got 4 roos and 2 hens. I hope my odds are better for more hens this time.

I redid my incubator by using the heating top off a little giant. I got an ice chest that it fit on perfectly with a little modification. So far it has held temps fine.

Going to try some of my own cochin eggs first to see how my new roo is doing. Then will buy some silkie eggs and hope I can get some girls for my two boys I kept.[​IMG]

Marsha

2. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Good luck on this hatch !!!!! Hope you get more hens also...... What color silkies are you looking for ???

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    ugh! you are so lucky. I am going through a hatching withdraw. The bator is taunting me on my closet shelf. My mom said no more birds but I want more.

4. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I'm would like to get some more buff and partridge color silkies. That's what the two roos are I kept. My hens are white and splash.

I have 6 cochins eggs so far. I want about 3 more before I set them.

Marsha

5. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    I have a pair of splash silkies that make cute babies !!!! If you want any of there eggs let me know, also have barred rock eggs !!!!

6. Riocotesei

Riocotesei Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2008
    N.Texas
    swtangel321, may I ask what you sell your eggs for? You can PM me if you like. I would like to set some silkie eggs in a month or so. Do you have pics of your fluffers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by