Fireworks!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by animalpro24, Jul 3, 2011.

1. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Make sure all your animals are in secure fenced areas or in houses during fireworks. Don't want any pets running away and getting lost because of them.

I don't want anybody losing their pets because of them.
    [​IMG]

2. Duckchick2011

Duckchick2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Louisiana
    yeah, I have actually come pretty close to losing a dog or two to the 4th of july, My older lab lady is brontophobic and has a habit of flipping the latch of her pen during fireworks [​IMG]

I am actually wondering how my ducks and goats are going to handle it...this will be their first fourth of july and I am a little nervous [​IMG]

3. hlf1996

hlf1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    California
    Yep, I am wondering how my goats and chickens are going to react. Two of my dogs hate fireworks, but one LOVES them. Its strange because I have never seen a dog so happy over something like fireworks! LOL

4. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    My chickens could care less, my horses and sheep are use to them. I do have a dog that I think could show you how to light them if you give him a hot minute. [​IMG]
    Oh, and my pigs would eat them. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    One of my family's dogs once actually crashed through a closed picture window to get inside. Unlike the window, she was unhurt thanks to a thick coat. My cat's in hiding.

6. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:[​IMG] My cat thinks that the place of safety is in my husband's bathroom crouched on the bathmat. She never sits there any other time, but during fireworks and thunderstorms, that's where you'll find her.

7. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Quote:[​IMG] My cat thinks that the place of safety is in my husband's bathroom crouched on the bathmat. She never sits there any other time, but during fireworks and thunderstorms, that's where you'll find her.

Too funny how they pick their hiding places....and my cat hides during storms, too...sometimes under the bed covers, lol.

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I've had a two outside cats in hiding for a couple days. They both showed up for breakfast this morning, very hungry.

Imp- all's well in impworld again.

9. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    My two horses, the chickens, and our barn cat were pretty unconcerned despite it being an especially loud year. My two indoor cats weren't super happy but they did ok as well. Our friend's horse was another story. We take him every year because it's like World War III down at her place and years ago he ran through their fence and almost had to be put down due to his injuries. Last night I went out to check on him and he was nowhere to be seen so I walked down to the field and found him hiding in the bushes behind the only two trees in the pasture. I felt terrible for the poor guy but I have to admit it was kind of a funny sight to see a huge half-draft horse completely concealed in the brush with only his head visible in the dark!

10. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    1 dog will go howling and running across the yard and into her cage when she see's one being lit and will not come out until she is sure it's safe! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by