Fireworks

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by PeckyChan, Nov 1, 2014.

1. PeckyChan

PeckyChan Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2014
    Hello, its my first bonfire night with my hens and was just thinking about fireworks and them getting afraid and dont want to spook them too much all night, i wont be letting any off but i cant say the same for other houses around my area. I was thinking of letting them in and letting them stay in for the night

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Sorry maybe a dumb question, why would there be fireworks tonight?

3. I'm guessing PeckyChan's in the UK, and November 5 is Guy Fawkes Day. I don't know much about it, being in the US myself, but I've enough friends over there to know that the fireworks spill over a few days in either direction, like they do here around the 4th of July.

4. PeckyChan

PeckyChan Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2014
    Yeah i am from the UK and its guy fawks night soon which means lots of fireworks!

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Thanks for the education, always wanting to learn...[​IMG]

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

In South Carolina practically EVERY holiday is enough reason for fireworks. My hens don't pay any attention to them.

1 person likes this.
  7. TaraBellaBirds

TaraBellaBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2013
    SW Kansas
    Since most fireworks will start after your hens are safely tucked away for the night, I think they will be fine. Mine don't seem to notice the 4th of July. Just close them up tightly and maybe check on them without disturbing them too much. I think they may startle at first but will get over it after they realize that the sound does not mean that they are going to be dinner!!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by