firHi there from East Tennessee

kcsunshine

Songster
10 Years
Nov 3, 2009
Maryville, Tennessee
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Bought my first chickens in March this year from Amish farmers.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 13 - had 15 but 2 died
sad.png

(3) What breeds do you have? RIR, SLW, BO, BPR, and Red Sex Links

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Started looking for help after my 2 died. First found BackYard Poultry Forum, then today found this Forum.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening (Hubby and I sell at local farmers' market), Reading, and generally just laying about (recently retired)
old.gif
When I feel better prepared, I'll post pictures of my hens' home. Luckily, my hubby is very proficient with a hammer and saw. (He builds furniture)
wink.png

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 1 daughter (married), 1 dog (Speagle Beagle), 1 cat, and 1 rabbit in the house with aprox. 15 other rabbits in pens outside (great fertilizer for the garden). I recently retired from an Administrative Assistant position at an electrical contractor office (11 years). First retirement was after 28 years with Levi Strauss (office manager at 3 locations)

Quote:
Thanks, but no thanks, wegot chickens. I know they're cute, but I really don't want to get into raising little ones. (I know - I'm missing out on a lot:lol:)
By the way, I'm just down the road (or is it across the mountain?) from you in Blount County.

Quote:
Thanks, but no thanks, wegot chickens. I know they're cute, but I really don't want to get into raising little ones. (I know - I'm missing out on a lot:lol:)
By the way, I'm just down the road (or is it across the mountain?) from you in Blount County.

My loving hubby concurs with you about raising little ones. But I out-voted him LOL.

I'm right near the Blount/Knox/Sevier county 'corner' of Seymour, so you may be closer than you think!

Quote:

My loving hubby concurs with you about raising little ones. But I out-voted him LOL.

I'm right near the Blount/Knox/Sevier county 'corner' of Seymour, so you may be closer than you think!

WOW. I forgot to mention one of our hobbies is riding around. We're up in that area a lot. Beautiful country.

Quote:
WOW. I forgot to mention one of our hobbies is riding around. We're up in that area a lot. Beautiful country.

If you drive 411 into Seymour, past the Seymour schools, then you are about 5 minutes from my house when you pass the schools. I love it here! East Tennessee is just perfect IMO.

Back
Top Bottom