1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

firHi there from East Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kcsunshine, Nov 3, 2009.

1. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Bought my first chickens in March this year from Amish farmers.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 13 - had 15 but 2 died [​IMG]

(3) What breeds do you have? RIR, SLW, BO, BPR, and Red Sex Links

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Started looking for help after my 2 died. First found BackYard Poultry Forum, then today found this Forum.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening (Hubby and I sell at local farmers' market), Reading, and generally just laying about (recently retired) [​IMG] When I feel better prepared, I'll post pictures of my hens' home. Luckily, my hubby is very proficient with a hammer and saw. (He builds furniture) [​IMG]

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 1 daughter (married), 1 dog (Speagle Beagle), 1 cat, and 1 rabbit in the house with aprox. 15 other rabbits in pens outside (great fertilizer for the garden). I recently retired from an Administrative Assistant position at an electrical contractor office (11 years). First retirement was after 28 years with Levi Strauss (office manager at 3 locations)

2. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Songster

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] from another East Tennessee resident!!
    Need some silkie chicks? LOL

4. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Quote:Thanks, but no thanks, wegot chickens. I know they're cute, but I really don't want to get into raising little ones. (I know - I'm missing out on a lot:lol:)
    By the way, I'm just down the road (or is it across the mountain?) from you in Blount County.

5. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Thanks, but no thanks, wegot chickens. I know they're cute, but I really don't want to get into raising little ones. (I know - I'm missing out on a lot:lol:)
    By the way, I'm just down the road (or is it across the mountain?) from you in Blount County.

My loving hubby concurs with you about raising little ones. But I out-voted him LOL.

I'm right near the Blount/Knox/Sevier county 'corner' of Seymour, so you may be closer than you think!

6. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    [​IMG] from North Carolina. [​IMG]

7. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee

My loving hubby concurs with you about raising little ones. But I out-voted him LOL.

I'm right near the Blount/Knox/Sevier county 'corner' of Seymour, so you may be closer than you think!

WOW. I forgot to mention one of our hobbies is riding around. We're up in that area a lot. Beautiful country.

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!

9. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:WOW. I forgot to mention one of our hobbies is riding around. We're up in that area a lot. Beautiful country.

If you drive 411 into Seymour, past the Seymour schools, then you are about 5 minutes from my house when you pass the schools. I love it here! East Tennessee is just perfect IMO.

10. TheGoldenRoo

TheGoldenRoo A Crazy and Fun Chicken

Oct 15, 2009
    ND
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by