firm spongy, yellow poop or something else?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by julles1977, Nov 5, 2014.

1. julles1977

julles1977 New Egg

Sep 14, 2014
    Fostoria Ohio
    This is my first flock,5 Rhode Island Reds that we just got this summer. The girls are about 10 months old and have been very healthy. But this morning I found stool that was a yellow spongy and kind of firm and seemed like it had a outer skin layer. Curious, I used tweezers to pick it up and tear it open. It didn't look like there were worms in it but it was kind of chunky. I'm not sure which one of the girls it came from but they all were acting normal eating and drinking just fine. I've looked all over the Web for something similar and haven't found anything . Any help is appreciated. [​IMG]

2. Rani

Rani Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2014
    By A Lake, Minnesota
    I'm not sure, but maybe it was an unformed (malformed) egg? I have four hens at 6 months old. They started laying around 5 months and twice, there were weird looking eggish type blobs. They were clearly eggs. Just weird. My birds acted just fine as well. That was over a month ago. Nothing strange since. Just beautiful eggs. My guess: a malformed egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by