1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First a Thread; Share your birds!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChattyChick2002, Jan 1, 2016.

1. ChattyChick2002

ChattyChick2002 New Egg

Dec 27, 2015
    Hi, as the title says, this is my first thread! I hope it works OK, and you enjoy it :)

Please add photos, comments, stories,( or whatever you like),of your chickens and birds. If you want, you can add advice about chickens!

I suppose I'll start....

I adore birds, and at the moment I have a female Turkey called Tululah, various Plymouth Rocks, an Orpington (Tigerlily), a white Japanese quail (called Turbo), a red rooster (his name is Redd; I think his breed is a RIR), a Plymouth Rock rooster (Ares), two red hens (I think they are a cross. Their names are Lynette and Alyssa), six Black Stars, a White hen (Angela), 5 RIR x Plymouth Rock chicks (Alexander, Xena, Randy, Cleo and Piper), and just recently released my rescued galah, Reggie.

I made this thread so we can discuss our birds, and what we think of them, so please add your birds on!

Thanks!!
    :lol::D:D

2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Hey,we both have chickens named after gods.

My New Hampshire is named Zeus.[​IMG]Can i see your red roo?

3. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Welcome To BYC!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Welcome to BYC! So glad you joined us!

5. ChattyChick2002

ChattyChick2002 New Egg

Dec 27, 2015
    Hey! Your rooster Zeus is gorgeous! We usually call our Roos after Greek gods, too! Umm, I can't show you a pic of my roo, coz I don't know how... I'm new. Sorry.... :( He looks JUST like yours, but he is darker, and has an emerald tail! Anyway, thanks for replying, and sorry I took so long to respond!:D

6. ChattyChick2002

ChattyChick2002 New Egg

Dec 27, 2015
    Thanks, b.hromada/Flock Mistress! I'm excited to join Backyard Chickens, and CANT WAIT to see what I discover!!:p:weee

7. BY Bob

BY Bob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    [​IMG]

This is our Leghorn Elphie with little Daisy photo bombing in the background.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by