First Aid Kits

shiro5

Chirping
Apr 11, 2016
Doncaster, UK
Hi Guys!

I'm new here :)

I currently have 3 x 6 week old Cayuga ducklings and 4 x 6 week old Aylesbury ducklings and 2 x 1 week old emdenxtolouse geese.

I have kept ducks in the past but I feel like a newbie again!

What I want to know is what is in your first aid kits for your ducks? What are your necessities when it comes to home first aid?

I want to build a first aid kit for my ducks and geese and would love some input!

Especially since my ducks will be moving outside into the garden slowly over the next couple of weeks. I can't wait for the smell to be out of the house (as they are living in my office....with the free run!) but at the same time I don't want my babies to grow up and move outside permanently lol.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

Here's a link to search results for first aid kits. Best of luck with your ducklings & goslings!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=first+aid+kit

Thanks debs!!! Are the first aid kits people put together for chickens suitable for ducks too??

Oh yes, sorry, I meant to mention that many of the same things are used.

Also meant to list the items I actually keep on hand. (Wasn't awake enough when I originally responded.
wink.png
)

Vetericyn
Poultry Nutri-Drench
Sav-a-chick vitamin & electrolytes
baby aspirin
gauze pads
rolled gauze
vet wrap
Non-medicated triple antibiotic ointment
saline wash
tweezers

There are a few other things I can't recall. I've had this stuff the entire time I've had ducks. The things I've actually used are the antibiotic ointment, saline wash & Vetericyn.

Back
Top Bottom