First Aid Supplies for the Hen House

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Penske, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Penske

Penske Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I just had an idea! Could we put our heads together and list the supplies needed on hand for a first aid kit for hen houses? I have to keep one for my pre-school and I thought that this would be helpful. When an emergency arises, it's better to be prepared, right?

Of course, I have no experience, but will be happy to compile the final list and post for those who are interested...!

What do you think???

Penske

2. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Songster

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    Blue Kote, = ) and..... a rag.

3. okiechick57

okiechick57 Songster

somewhere on this board,there is one..........have you done a search under first aid or cures? I will try and find it also........was very helpful

4. Penske

Penske Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Oops! Thank you! I'll check that!

Have a great day!

5. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
  6. I would love to have a list also. I was going to ask, but I forgot.

I always have Terramycin, Aueromycin, and Vitamins and Electrolytes on hand. I also have extra pens incase somebody needs to be isolated, but luckly I havent had to use them.

7. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
  8. iprepare143

iprepare143 Hatching

Sep 2, 2011
    I always keep Terramycin, Aueromycin, and Vitamins and Electrolytes for my hen farm house. I have found best first aid supplies store in USA and i regularly purchase first aids kits from that store.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: