First Ameraucana Egg This Morning!! Woohoo!

pippsqueak

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 20, 2011
Grants Pass
96937_2011-08-22_11-26-39_717.jpg

My RIR, Lucy, started laying on Saturday morning and must have kicked started my Ameraucana, Butters!
celebrate.gif
The three browns are from Lucy and the powder blue/gray is from Butters this morning! So proud!
thumbsup.gif
love.gif

Beautiful! Congratulations!!

I have to admit, I am super envious too!! Think you could have a talk with my girls? LOL

How exciting- congrats! I'm still waiting on my Americauna's to start laying- waiting for their eggs is just as exciting as waiting for the first egg ever!
yippiechickie.gif

Very nice!
ya.gif
I'm waiting for my 24 week old EE to lay any day now! My RIR has been laying a week and my 21 week old SS laid her first egg today.

How exciting for you! Our Ameraucanas will be 20 weeks old this week, and we are patiently waiting. One of our Golden Comets started laying a week ago, so I think it is just a matter of time since we bought them all at one week old.

Quote:
Mine are about 21 weeks so you will see them pretty soon. Are they squatting? I saw your Golden Comet I believe on another post. Beautiful birds! Our co-op had a limited selection of breeds for this area but, I would love to get some.
smile.png

They haven't starting squatting yet. Our weather has been incredibly hot this summer. We had a short reprieve and right after that the Golden Comet started laying. This week is supposed to be cooler, so I am hoping that gets some of the others going. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom