1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Baby! 3 others pipping *Update*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by smpezzi, Jul 18, 2008.

1. smpezzi

smpezzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Our first baby hatched at 1:35am after 9 long hours from the first pip! AND it was Lucky (The one I dropped) [​IMG] I am amazed! The next one is going to hatch any minute! JJ and I are the only ones still up but we just couldn't go to bed until Lucky was hatched and now JJ wants to wait for "Pip" Kyle's will likely be next but I don't think I can manage to stay up for that one [​IMG] I will post pictures later this morning [​IMG] Still 4 more to go too! Kyle called tonight from camp to find out if his had pipped or hatched yet. This batch was from the watchagotswap from Wildwoodchickens- Thank You Wildwood!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  2. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    congrats on your hatch may they all hatch always special a first chick [​IMG]

3. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Now we have 4 babies so far!!!!! We are so excited and Alex's (4 years old) even waited until Alex woke up to hatch out so he got to see it [​IMG] I will upload a few pictures in a second here!

4. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for all the pictures just so excited! I will try to get a good one of all 4 in a bit [​IMG]

5. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Well we have had 4 of the 8 hatch, we had one that pipped and started to zip but didn't make it [​IMG] There are still 3 that haven't done anything but I have decided to wait until tomorrow before giving up on them just incase. The 4 that hatched are doing great and now are in the brooder, I will try to take a picture of them and get it posted so you all can see them [​IMG]

6. mr.majestik

mr.majestik Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    GA
    Congratulations and thanks for the great pictures!

7. smpezzi

Jun 4, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    I did progressive pictures for my 4 year old (he was asleep) and my 12 year old (away at camp) so I thought I would post the progressives. We are without a doubt excited about thses little one's! Now we have 4 EE eggs in bator 2 due on Sunday [​IMG] and another 5 mixed eggs due next week [​IMG]

Thanks for the congrats and for the compliment on the pictures - glad you liked them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by