First baby chick death, SO sad.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kaitlyn_rae2003, Jul 27, 2010.

1. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    my absolute favorite 4 week old white silkie baby, named q-tip, passed away this morning. Ive only had her for 2 weeks, but she was my missing piece to the puzzle, I have always wanted a white silkie, and boy did we love her. sweet as can be . the first 2 days, she was funny, always in a corner, laying down, eyes shut....I was worried, but she perked up, acted normal, ate drank and bonded with my older silkie and BO who was also in the brooder. well the older silkie and the BO are getting big, so for their sake, i moved them into my transitional house, an outdoor coop, with a small enclosed run aside, but separate from my big girls. that left my white baby and 2 baby barred rocks in the brooder. within 12 hours, q tip was back to sitting in the corner, closing eyes....acting so strange, i gave her treats, cuddled her, did everything as usual, and put them to bed. woke up to my barred rocks, chirping away, and my beloved silkie, could hardly lift her head, i gave her some water with electrolytes, in a dropper, but she passed away a few hours ago. This is so much harder then I would have expected. Im pretty suprised how attatched i was to her. Do you think she could of died from lonliness? no one else exhibits any symptoms of anything, what happened???
    Thanks,
    kate

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I don't know about loneliness, but I am sorry for your loss [​IMG] The first one is always the hardest [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  3. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I don't know what might have happened, but I am sorry for the loss of your chick.

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

*comfort* [​IMG]

5. peepswiththepoof

peepswiththepoof Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Rougemont, NC
    I'm sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

6. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia