First batch of Call Ducks! 4 whites, 4 magpies, 4 black indies! Hatch-a-long!

alpinewelsummer

Songster
Mar 15, 2021
Well, I don't get the eggs until Friday, but I'm so excited over my very very first batch of duck eggs that I'm making the thread now! 😄

I'm purchasing 4 white, 4 magpie, and 4 black indie call ducks from a local vet who seems very passionate about their birds! I already have the incubator warming up so that it's nice and steady when the eggs get here.

Follow the thread for a fun hatch-a-long!

Well, I don't get the eggs until Friday, but I'm so excited over my very very first batch of duck eggs that I'm making the thread now! 😄

I'm purchasing 4 white, 4 magpie, and 4 black indie call ducks from a local vet who seems very passionate about their birds! I already have the incubator warming up so that it's nice and steady when the eggs get here.

Follow the thread for a fun hatch-a-long!
So fun! I’m so excited for you! I just got done with my call duck hatch. Although it was a lot of work it was definitely worth it! They are so adorable! The Magpie ones are gorgeous! I’ll definitely be following along!

IMG_20210410_211358931~2.jpg

IMG_20210410_211355333~2.jpg

Eggs are set! 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_211358931.jpg
    IMG_20210410_211358931.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 2
Thank you so much! I let them sit for 24 hours since they were driven to me, so I hope that helped!
Of course! I’ve heard that letting them sit is good. It gives the air cells time to settle. I’ve never hatched eggs other than my own flock so I can’t speak from experience. Were there any saddled air cells or did they look good?

Of course! I’ve heard that letting them sit is good. It gives the air cells time to settle. I’ve never hatched eggs other than my own flock so I can’t speak from experience. Were there any saddled air cells or did they look good?

Oh goodness, I knew I was forgetting something. :eek: I was so distracted with sanitizing like crazy that I forgot to candle before I set them! You think I should wait a few days now that they're set, or grab them now?

Back
Top Bottom