First Batch of Eggs Are In!Update pg 11. It's over!Their out!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Attack Chicken, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well I finally found a place that sold us an incubator. It's a Little Giant Still Air one.
    The temp in there at the moment is almost 100 degrees. It seems to be working just fine. Tomorrow at 6 am I'm going to put them in there. If everything goes well they might hatch Before New Years. These are the eggs of my beloved Sandy. Does anyone know how long you can keep fertil eggs?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Most say not to store them longer than 7-10 days, as the hatch rate will decrease with the older they get. Make sure you turn them at least once a day while you are storing them.

3. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

you can keep them in a cool dark place for up to a week and they should be just like day 1,, but after a week, the odds drop till week 2, then ya got REALLY bad odds,,,, and all this is if you kept turning them while there "waiting"

edit ta say,,,, never mind,, she ^^^^ made it a minute faster then me [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  4. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well at school the teacher kept them in the fridge for about 2 weeks. We got about 50% hatch but the rest got opened up as they were developing for ag class.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  5. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Good luck with your hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] Their in!!! Just hopefully they hatch. This is my first eggs that I'm trying to hatch.

7. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Good luck...I hope they all hatch for you!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

8. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just candled them last night. It turns out that there are definitely 4 fertile eggs out of 7. I left the other 3 in there for now to see if their late starters. I looks like I might be having New Years babies hopefully! I'm turning them twice a day, one time at 6 am and the other at 6 pm. [​IMG] I just can't wait this is my first batch and I think I'm starting to get the hatching fever.

9. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

you should turn them more then twice a day [​IMG]

10. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I know you should turn them more then twice a day but due to my working that's about all I could do for my last batch. I turned them more on the weekends when I was home. All in all I had a 100% hatch 7 out of 7.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by