First Blue Egg Today!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Boo-Boo's Mama, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Ladyhawk, our 19 week old Easter Egger, produced a very pretty light blue egg this morning and I was right there to witness the whole thing! [​IMG]

She insisted on sharing a nesting box with Goldie, who freaked out and was giving an alarm cry. Ladyhawk was between the back wall of the box and Goldie with her right wing over Goldie like she was her best buddy. Normally Ladyhawk would have been terrified of Goldie who is one of the 6 sex-links who rule the roost!!

Goldie's alarm must have caused Maureen and Lucille to not lay today [​IMG] hopefully, they will all lay tomorrow!

2. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Congrats!!!!!![​IMG] You are so lucky to have been there at the right time to see it!!!

3. Boo-Boo's Mama

Thank you! [​IMG] Hoping tomorrow will bring another one! [​IMG]

One of the BO's was watching very closely right up in front of the nesting box...she has just developed a red comb/face so am hoping I will soon see an egg from that group, too.

4. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    You might have alot of eggs very soon!! How old is your BO? I have a blue orp that is 19 weeks and she has been red for awhile but my slightly younger splash orp isn't red at all. I am counting down the weeks! I hope to be able see when some of mine lay their first time! Did you get a pic of that Blue egg???

5. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    Congrats! [​IMG]

6. Boo-Boo's Mama

BO's are 20 weeks old. One who has developed the red comb/face has become a 'screamer'. We were pitching them bread from the discount store the other evening when she let one rip. DH nearly jumped out of his skin. [​IMG] He wanted to know what was wrong with her! [​IMG]

Don't have a photo yet...had to get ready for a PT session out of town...really hated to leave! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by