First broody babies! :D

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Amarisus, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Amarisus

Amarisus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    So I had my first broodies hatch there own babies and got 10 adorable little chickies! Its so fun to watch the mommas take care of there babies [​IMG] It's funny I had 5 broodies and they all just sorta share the babies lol! They all show them how to eat and protect them and when they sit the babies just choose which momma they want to snuggle under [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry bout the mess I took these before I cleaned up [​IMG]

2. ange92040

ange92040 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Lockhart, TX
    [​IMG]Yay for babies and congrats!!

3. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    How sweet :)

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Those chicks will never be alone with all those mamas around!

5. Featherland26

Featherland26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    England
    Wow! thats amazing, consider yourself very lucky, I had mutilple broodies together, when chicks hatched they litereraly killed the chicks because they were fighting over them, I'm just warning mutliple broodies do not always work. I'm very glad it has worked out for you [​IMG], btw cute babies!

6. m.r.heavenlyhens

m.r.heavenlyhens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2011
    Hi, I have three hens with chicks. One of the hens that had the chicks first had them in a shed away from the other flock. I discovered her in a bucket she made a nest out of. Anyway when she had her babies, she turned into chickenzilla. She would only let one other hen near her chicks. Then two other hens hatched a clutch each and they are totally different. They sleep in their own nest box at night, but spend the days with both families mixed together learning to forage. I can't tell whose chicks are whose, but at dusk the chicks seem to know which mom is which and they split up a go to bed with mom!! I am having so much fun watching them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by