First Button Quail Hatch…

It seems luck was not on our side.

We have 4 for sure males and one for sure female.

The silver I was feeling pretty confident was a female but now I’m suspecting may be a male. The darker neck feathers only recently popped out and do not go around the neck (yet!).

The pied I’m not even sure. I don’t see any red or blue as of yet but I’m not even sure if I will see red or blue?

They are 5 weeks old today. Any help?! Sorry the photos are not great… I have to try and get some good ones but they do not being picked up. Lol.

Attachments

• 3D5A321F-03EA-4A8C-830C-37F128AD1A61.jpeg
    3D5A321F-03EA-4A8C-830C-37F128AD1A61.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 52B60806-E8FB-4D35-9384-6410D4DDB2C5.jpeg
    52B60806-E8FB-4D35-9384-6410D4DDB2C5.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 7
They are so precious! I had no idea about curled toes and tape, it looks like you did a beautiful job, they're simply gorgeous 💕
I had a button quail baby born a few months ago with curled toes. He was the only one that hatched and I tried the tape thing to fix the toes but he was really weak and sadly did not make it :(

It seems luck was not on our side.

We have 4 for sure males and one for sure female.

The silver I was feeling pretty confident was a female but now I’m suspecting may be a male. The darker neck feathers only recently popped out and do not go around the neck (yet!).

The pied I’m not even sure. I don’t see any red or blue as of yet but I’m not even sure if I will see red or blue?

They are 5 weeks old today. Any help?! Sorry the photos are not great… I have to try and get some good ones but they do not being picked up. Lol.
I would assume the pied is a female if there are no red or blue feathers on it.

Back
Top Bottom