First CAR!!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by cheeptrick, Jun 4, 2008.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Ok...everyone...gas prices and hearing peoples stories got me to thinking. Let's start a new game thread...

Post your FIRST car...PICS if you've got them would be fabulous!!

I'll start first!

FORD FESTIVA LX
    Color Black
    Mag Wheels

Don't LAUGH!! It was sporty looking...drove from Baltimore MD to Buffalo NY on $14 of gas!!

[​IMG]

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    OMG....how humiliating this could be!!!

Mine was a light blue 1985 Chevy Chevette. I was 16 and it was a year old when I got it. OMG....I think I will crawl under a rock now. [​IMG]

3. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

1968 Chevrolet Nova 2 Door
    w/ a 307 2 speed powerglide.
    My dad bought it new....and of course I would wreck it. Fixed it back up but the transmission would never really act right again.....I know , I know!!! Stupid kid!

4. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    1968 Malibu SS
    327/ 4 barrell
    SWEET! well, it was [​IMG]

5. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Mine was a Hyundai Pony Hatchback. I was 20 years old and that car was OLD when I bought it! Worst car I ever owned.

6. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Oh lord! I haven't a clue what year model mine was, it was a little gold 2 door something another, ........ok is there room under that rock for me.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    This was in 1971 and I was 18. It was a little OLD Renault 4-seater with push-button gears. My step-dad took it back to the car dealer when it wouldn't even climb a steep hill! [​IMG] I ended up with a brownish gold '65 Chevy Bel Air. It was a boat, but it could climb that hill! [​IMG]

DH had the cool car, though. A cherry red '66 Mustang fastback with glass packs. It's why I married him! LOL [​IMG]

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

My First Car [​IMG]

1993 Lexus SC300 with IS wheels and 97+ front bumper and sides.

[​IMG]

Since I got it, I've kept all maintenance records, tracked every gas receipt, mileage, mpg, you name it. I change my own oil too because no way can anyone do it right in 15 minutes. It takes me just 30 but I won't over tighten screws, strip bolts, and will properly install the oil filter. Tracking things is fun, or maybe I'm just OCD.

The first week of speeding around, I got 15mpg on the premium fuel at 1.99 a gallon.... on regular driving now, I get 21.5mpg, with the last tank being 4.45 a gallon.

9. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    65' VW bug
    I built the engine from a box of parts in the junk yard. Made it into a Baja Bug. The only PIC I have is in my highschool yearbook. We stuffed 9 or 10 of us in there for the PIC.

By the time I was done with it I installed a Corvair 6 cyl bored out engine, 11" chevy wheels on the back, 4" chevy tires on the front. I had to put concrete blocks in the front to keep the wheels down.

I paid for it all by cutting scrap metal in the junk yard and working at the "tater" farm.

10. TEXASSuperCHICKEN

TEXASSuperCHICKEN Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2008
    Collin County
    1979 Ford LTD Landau. 4dr, light baby blue and a v8.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by