First chic ever just hatched

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kingnate1972, Mar 26, 2009.

1. kingnate1972

kingnate1972 New Egg

Mar 2, 2009
    I'm hatching 20 RIR and I put them in egg cartons for the last 3 days my first one just hatched and I'm not sure if I should get them out as they dry or even how long is to long for the ones that hatched to stay in the inccubater, please help.

2. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    I'm too new to know what to tell you about that but I wanted to say

Congratulations!!!!!
    [​IMG]

We are waiting (not very) patiently for our first hatch.

[​IMG]

3. Bornacentury2L8

Bornacentury2L8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Cartersville, Ga.
    I would leave them in until they all hatch and dry out. Congratulations! I hope they all hatch.[​IMG]

4. DixieDame67

DixieDame67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    Jonesbourgh Tennessee
    CONGRADS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i remember my first chick hatching, i was a total nervous wreck, I am hatching right now matter of fact and can't hardly sleep at night, got 3 right now pipping ...but i do the old fashion thing, let the hens hatch.....two so far 1 didn't make it, and 12 to go by sat , plus well uh ok i admit it, i am addicted to chickens, i brought home 6 fuzzy butts from tractor supply last night, is there such thing as chicken therapy?????? Good Luck to ya [​IMG]

5. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    You need to let thelm get all fluffed and moveing around good before you take thlem out and if you take thelm out before they are all done hatching do it quickly and just open the lid enough to get thelm out.

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    They can go 2-3 days, because they are still absorbing the yolk for nutrition. It's very important that you NOT open the incubator while eggs are still hatching.

Good hatching vibes to you, and congratulations! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I agree, don't take them out until all have hatched. The reason for this is, if the humidity drops too low, the eggs that still haven't....won't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by