First Chick !

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by WWolf, Mar 6, 2009.

1. WWolf

WWolf Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2007
    San Diego
    I just hatched the first of a few eggs. The Chick is VERY interesting and personable. Now on day three, He (just seems like it's male) is quite vigorous and has a real bright (almost intelligent) look about him.... and he's interested in EVERYTHING ! Likes to play....
    Damn ! I am never gonna be able to eat him [​IMG]

2. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    Congratulations![​IMG]

3. JudyH

JudyH Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2009
    Gulf Coast of Alabama
    Quote:When I thought I was going to have to order 25 chicks just to get the 12 pullets I wanted, we were considering ordering the other 13 chicks for meat birds. I am so that that I found the 12 chicks I wanted at the feed store so that I didn't have to buy/order 25!!! I don't know if I could kill and eat them....

4. WWolf

WWolf Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2007
    San Diego
    Thanks guy's, I wonder what I am going to get from the next three eggs due next wednesday. The fellow I got them from says the daddy is a very gorgious english game looking bird. The momma could be anything from a buff orp or a plymouth rock he even has a couple of turken hens... It's weird for a tough biker kinda guy... t I am SOOO excited ! [​IMG]
    PS Pix I love your dog Shasta I have a 17 yr old aussie mix (Doggo) she has the same smile

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by