First chicks, what to get?

nconley11

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2017
I have 17 chickens right now of a slight variety. I'm thinking most are red sex linked and all med to large in size. Anyway, I promised my 4 year old some chicks this year. I want something different than we have, friendly, tolerant of the cold and a relatively good layer. We only get brown eggs right now. Any suggestions?

These will be our first chicks ever. Once the wisconsin weather stays on the warmer side we will be getting meat chicks

Now where do I go about getting those chickens as chicks and can I just order a handful or do I have to order a dozen or so

Now where do I go about getting those chickens as chicks and can I just order a handful or do I have to order a dozen or so

I don't know where you are located but it's getting about time for tractor supply and other feed stores to start having chick days. You can order from a hatchery also. Not sure what the minimum order would be though. You can check web sites like efowl.com Myers hatchery and there are several others. Just try to find a hatchery as close to you as possible.

Back
Top Bottom