first chukar egg and a golden question

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Jmiller429, May 13, 2011.

1. Jmiller429

Jmiller429 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    Got my first chukar egg today! Now i know i have a hen, and if its fertile i have a pair!. lol

I obtained another trio of goldens the other day. and the rooster isnt like anything ive ever seen. He has the correct blue green on the back of the neck, but his wings are the color of a cinnamon. Heres the kicker. If you took a paintbrush and wiped ALMOST all the paint off, and painted blue streaks thru the wing feathers. Anyone ever see this? ( this is a 2 yr old full colored male btw. ) I cannot find any other traits whatsoever to find an amherst cross.

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    That's the problem with goldens.Everyone is crossing them up and you never know what you are getting.It sounds like it might be a cinnamin golden,but again who knows.Please post a pic and see if we can identify him for you.
    In N.H,Tony.

3. Jmiller429

Jmiller429 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    yeah i have cinnamon goldens, he doesnt have the steel on his neck, its the normal red golden bluegreen, but cinnamon wings with traces of blue. I will get a pic here directly.

4. Junglefowl

Junglefowl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    New Mexico
    Post a pic.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by