My first chicken coop is finished and I am picking up 4 ex battery hens tomorrow - so exciting! Have a look and tell me what you think to my first attempt at coop building. This is the front with the pop-door. The coop is 5' by 4' and the run is 8' by 8' Here you can see the double doors for cleaning and the external nest boxes and the inside.... It has taken me and my husband just under 2 weeks to make it from scratch and cost just under £100 or around $150 (not including the cost of taking hubby out for dinner tonight to say thank you for helping make it) as most of the materials were salvaged or donated. It looks nothing like the plan and we ended up making it up as we went along - but I'm still pretty happy with it. The only thing I want to change is to add more windows and vents, but as my husband wouldn't let me near the jigsaw and was pretty fed up after spending his week off work making me a coop - I thought it wise not to push it too much; or he might tell me exactly where I could put my windows! Let me know what you think - All I need now are the chickens!