First coop in progress!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jrnguyen, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Jrnguyen

Jrnguyen In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2019
    Texas
    We initially bought a pre-fab coop from tractor supply but learned quickly that it isn't going to fit our girls for very long. We began construction on our first build yesterday and my husband is rocking it. I love it so far! And so do our girls who are already checking it out.

Attached Files:

Mrsbruce08, aart and Trux like this.
  2. discountkatie

discountkatie In the Brooder

Looks great! We’re working on our first coop this week too. Are you going to paint it?

3. Jrnguyen

Jrnguyen In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2019
    Texas
    Thanks! Yes, we bought some red and white barn paint. Unfortunately storms are getting ready to roll in and stick around for a few days. Trying to get the roof done before they start, then hopefully paint middle of next week.

discountkatie likes this.
  4. jthornton

jthornton Crowing

Aug 30, 2017
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    My Coop
    Are you going to cover the top front with hardware cloth for good ventilation?

You should add your location to your profile as weather makes a difference in suggestions.

JT

5. Jrnguyen

Jrnguyen In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2019
    Texas
    It's going to be an open front design with hardware cloth, plus removable panels for winter. The top will remain open for ventilation. We are in Texas so it gets pretty hot and humid.

jthornton likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: