1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First coop in the works....*Pics*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SunAngel, Jun 3, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    We are first time chicken owners (our 27 chicks and 3 ducklings arrived 2 weeks ago) and are currently working on our first coop. I have loved seeing everyones creative designs on here!!

These are pics of where the run will be. We tore down an above ground pool and will enclose the pool deck inside the run as well. One or two little doors with ramps will be added to the side of the shed near the back when the run is finished. I think the run will end up about 20x30.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We built a wall halfway back in the shed. This is where the nesting boxes and roosts will go (not built yet). I think its only about 6x10, which according to what Ive read here, thats not enough room for 27 chickens and 3 ducks. So we might have to use part of one side as well. This is all we have gotten done so far, because my klutzy hubby ran a utility knife into his hand while trimming down the screen door frame and needed 7 stitches (which just came out today).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My crew enjoying their new home [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Great looking coop! Good Job![​IMG]

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thanks! Its a tad cluttered, sorry. The end of school, sports, injuries and weather have made it a challenge. The new little family members seem happy tho and I haven't lost any since day 3 after they arrived. I am hopeful the rest stay healthy! I am eager to see them all outside running and playing in the sunshine though.

I love this site! Everyone here has been super helpful [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by