First Coturnix quail hatch (pic heavy and more to come)

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bckyrdchknluvr, Jan 24, 2012.

1. bckyrdchknluvr

bckyrdchknluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2011
    I bread a Tuxedo roo with two normal hens. I have been incubating the 9 eggs in my half finished master bedroom in my basement(keeps the most even heat). I found found these two this morning when I ran downstairs.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And this is what happened when I was taking the pics.[​IMG][​IMG]
    And this
    [​IMG]
    So I now have 4 quail babies and three more have pipped. If I'm right, I'm pretty sure I have 1 white, lol(it's skin around the eyes and bottom are black), 1 range and 2 tuxedo's, the one looks like it has a huge white beard and eye brows and all three of the dark ones have at lest 1 pink toe.

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    They are adorable! [​IMG]

3. bckyrdchknluvr

Jun 12, 2011
    Thank you. I think so too.

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Cutie pies! And nice new incubator with a good clear shot of hatching babies!

5. bckyrdchknluvr

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm really glad I went with the Brinsea, there was very little work (fill water every 2 days)and I get a great view of the babies. Baby number 4 has LUNGS. It hasn't stopped peeping..............loudly since it was born.(about 45 mins ago)

6. bckyrdchknluvr

Jun 12, 2011
    8 out of 9 made it. Although one has a bad foot, they all seem quite healthy.

More pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. CHEIF91

CHEIF91 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2012
    loganville,georgia
    hey do quails have feet problems when they are born message me please.

8. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Beautiful babies, congrats. The incubator looks great, I have been considering getting one of the brinseas for smaller hatchings, my other incubator will hatch out 250 quail eggs but I dont like to turn the big incubator on for only a few babies

9. bckyrdchknluvr

Jun 12, 2011
    I love it. I'm actually contemplating getting a larger bator later this year, I'm having so much fun with this one. I already have a new batch of eggs going. YAY

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  10. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I have thought about getting a cabinet incubator but I really dont need all that room, I dont want to hatch 360 chickens lol, I have been considering just building a wood incubator that is about half the size of a sportsman and putting two turners in it, one for quail and one for chicken that way I can hatch 48 chicken eggs and 120 quail eggs at the same time

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by