First craft show ever

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by HeatherLynn, Nov 8, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Ok well not long ago I posted on here asking weather my felt birdies would do well being sold. Still a touch worried but I am still stitching like a mad woman. Anywho so far what I have is several mini baskets to hold pins or magnets or bookmarks. I have a heafty vase which is going to receive some narly branches and some plaster of paris to make a unique ornament tree to display my birds and eggs on.

So far I have about 85 felt birds
    6 dozen painted egg ornmanets
    10 leather tooled ( not stamped but carved) corner book marks
    and hoping to turn out a a couple dozen felt bird magnets.

We have till december 3rd so we plan on working hard core till then to try to at least give this first try our best effort.

Suggestions? Set up ideas? I got my reservation in and just have to drop off the check tomorrow. I wish I knew what I was doing.

2. Egg Rookie 2010

Egg Rookie 2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    North Idaho
    The typical space is 10 x 10. Is yours that size? It sounds like all your goods require tables....2- 8 foot tables along opposite sides will give you max display potential rather than one table along the front. Store your stuff under the tables in as tidy a manner as possible. Get the little wire ornament holder tree things to display your cute ornaments or better yet a phony Christmas tree to put between the tables at the rear of your space....lights and all. Really showcase how adorable your items are! WEAR the pins you have made. Put out a jar and and little forms for folks to fill out name, e mail, address and phone number for a free give away at the end of the day. Then be sure to MAIL IT. Put those folks on a mailing list! Make cards on your computer with YOUR name and phone number and use these as your price tags. Folks will take home your info if they want to or not. They might just call you up! Be sure to take table cloths as they are rarely provided and rental tables are very ugly. Stay on your feet! Look enthusiastic! Talk to every person who walks by and pitch your product. I sell aprons and I wear one at the show. I stand near the aisle and say to folks stuff like "hey you look like a person who is gearing up for some holiday cooking! You would look great in this!" or "do you have any little helpers for holiday cookie baking? This would be so fun for them!" YOU sell your product more than your product does. If you look bored with the whole thing then people will not be drawn to you. Is there music at your show? Do you have access to power? Take a small radio and play Christmas music quietly at your space. HAVE FUN! I love a boutique...can you tell?!? Ok Im done. Thats my 2 cents!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by