first crow (attempt), will other cockerels follow suit?

clickdb

Chirping
May 22, 2015
High Desert, Southern California
My Coop
My Coop
Yesterday morning I heard the first crow attempt of my 10 week old barred rock! I let them out of the coop at 5 am, gave them fresh water and food, petted them for a bit and when I was walking away from the run I heard it; "aaaa-aa-a". It was the most pathetic and cute crow I have ever heard! I turned around and asked whodunnit, and my BR obliged by doing it again! So funny!
I have about 6 more cockerels in there at the moment, from 1-4 weeks younger and I'm wondering if having one do it will get the others to try, or if they are all on their own program and will just do it when ready?

Yesterday morning I heard the first crow attempt of my 10 week old barred rock! I let them out of the coop at 5 am, gave them fresh water and food, petted them for a bit and when I was walking away from the run I heard it; "aaaa-aa-a". It was the most pathetic and cute crow I have ever heard! I turned around and asked whodunnit, and my BR obliged by doing it again! So funny!
I have about 6 more cockerels in there at the moment, from 1-4 weeks younger and I'm wondering if having one do it will get the others to try, or if they are all on their own program and will just do it when ready?

Like yawning, when one crows the rest will follow suit when the age is right. My 8 week old seramas have started to crow; I heard one and now the other four roosters are crowing also. I'm hoping the crows stay fairly quiet-My neighbors would not like being woken at 5AM. If the crowing gets too loud the roosters will have to go. And, yes, those first crows are cute-especially with my tiny seramas. It looks rather silly that these small birds are acting like their bigger cousins.

Back
Top Bottom