First Date

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AussieGirl, Dec 22, 2011.

1. AussieGirl

AussieGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    Ok so after forever wanting I actually got my first date ever. Never thought it would happen to me and I want to do it right so he will want to hang out with me more. Are there any do"s and donts for a first date? I was thinking dinner and a movie. We do kinda know each other and were both really close in age in our early 20's and like a lot of the same stuff. What did any of y'all do your first date.

2. ICallMyselfCherie'

ICallMyselfCherie' Chillin' With My Peeps

I know what you mean, I was 18 when I had my first date. Never thought I'd see the day. [​IMG]

We just went out to a little old fashioned kind of ice-cream parlor for our first date. It was in the evening so we did actually have real food, but it was just kind of casual. I was still living in my parent's house and the ice cream parlor was like walking distance from their house, but he drove me anyway, lol. It took a lot of pressure off to be that close to home, and if he was a maniac driver or something it wasn't that far to go! [​IMG] I was pretty nervous, but it turned out he was too, haha! :roll eyes: But we had a really good time. Just nice and casual.

We've been together three and a half years now. Here's us about a year ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lol, didn't mean to hijack, just want you to know there are good things to come even when you start dating late.

Anyways, don't feel any pressure for anything is my advice. You'll probably have a great time. [​IMG]

3. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    I always just loved going to a park, a lakefront, the beach, anywhere there was a body of water and just walking and talking. Doesn't cost anything, and you can really get to know someone if they don't have food in their mouth. [​IMG]

I never worried about impressing anyone on a first date. I'm exactly how I am every single day. No sense in pretending to be someone else. Just be yourself, and relax. He will likely be as nervous as you are. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  4. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I've never been on a date before, but I've met plenty of new people, which for me is an equally daunting task. [​IMG]
    All I can say is, if it's appropriate and you can't think of anything to say in response to a comment, just laugh.
    That's what I do. It works every time to stave off the awkward silences. [​IMG]

5. ICallMyselfCherie'

ray's two cents :

I've never been on a date before, but I've met plenty of new people, which for me is an equally daunting task. [​IMG]
    All I can say is, if it's appropriate and you can't think of anything to say in response to a comment, just laugh.
    That's what I do. It works every time to stave off the awkward silences. [​IMG]

That's pretty good advice! [​IMG] It's always endearing when someone laughs, even nervous laughter, and it definitely relieves the tension. [​IMG]

I agree with Em, it is nice to get to know someone when their mouth isn't full of food . . . but then, along with laughter, a bite of food can definitely give you a moment to think of something to say! [​IMG]

6. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Thinking of something to say has never been an issue for me...shutting me up is the trick. [​IMG]

7. ICallMyselfCherie'

Quote:[​IMG] Well, that can be a blessing, I think. Some people have a really hard time keeping conversations going. I am lucky that I seem to *almost* always think of something relevant to say. So you should probably be proud of your talkativeness . . . . unless you REALLY can't shut up at all, lol! [​IMG]

8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    My first date? I was with the man I'm now married with. We went mudding in his Jeep. We traversed some wicked trails, used the winch to get out of a tight spot, and got muddy in the process. When we returned to the city spent 3 hours washing the Jeep so his parents wouldn't know we took the Jeep off road. Unfortunately, we forgot to wash the mud off our clothes. Poor hubby-to-be had a difficult time explaining why we were so muddy but the Jeep was immaculate. He was grounded for a month.

My advice for the first date is do something you both enjoy. Turn off the cell phone and communicate with each other.

9. Ole and Lena

Ole and Lena Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Wright Co Minnesota
    Here's a man's point of view.

Don't try too hard, be yourself. Guys will be scared off if you seem "stalky" or posessive. Be confident in who you are. You guys are going out because you are interested in each other. Dinner and movie is a good safe bet. A walk in the park before dinner will give you guys more time to talk and get to know each other. If he wan'ts to open doors for you or pay the bill LET HIM.

If you're a good cook, bring some homemade cookies. The old adage, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach still rings true. Most women these days think an oven is for heating up pre-cooked frozen dinners. Most men, still long for home cooking like Ma used to make.

Keep us updated, us old married folk like to live vicariously!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    First dates.......Dinner.......Movies are good, but you don't get to talk much during a movie.....I'd pick a funny movie for a first date...Nothing romantic......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by