First day at BYC

busymadre

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 22, 2013
Hickory, NC
Hello everyone!

I have been reading through many areas in BYC and finally decided it was time to officially join. I had raised chickens years ago when we lived in upstate NY and my children were young, but never really did much education. Kinda just flew by the seat of my pants. Although we had plenty of eggs and the girls were healthy, it was very messy and time consuming to keep up with. I was a stay at home mom back then, so it never bothered me and I just didn't know any better.

We are now in NC, moved into a home of our own again and ready to do it the right way. While my friend is building the chicken coop and I am waiting for my chicks to arrive (ordered 6 from a small farmer we know at our church), I have been surfing around on many sights to make sure I am ready this time around.

I have already gotten a load of good advice and think I am ready, but still continuing to read up on the best and easiest way to keep my chicks happy and healthy. I still work full time so easy is the key:)

Greetings from Kansas, busymadre, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you with us! I wish you the best of luck on your second go around with chickens! BYC will be here to help you out along the way! Have fun and enjoy!!

Welcome!! Your story is just what my parents did. If they ever go back into chickens again, they'll definitely do more research instead of winging it. This time around we're enjoying our time with geese!! There's so much to read on here, you'll be a pro in no time!!

Back
Top Bottom