First day free ranging with the BIG guys. lots of pics

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by luvchicks8, Aug 31, 2009.

1. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    I am showing you these because I am procrastinating about all the housework I have to do. This is much more fun [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Here my little silkie roo Elvis is challanging Maggie my EE hen he lost [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This 11 week old buff orp is my newest addition I got last week from keesmom she is a doll [​IMG] The barred rock is Alice she the boss of the little guys soory Elvis.
    [​IMG]

Ring around the rosie
    [​IMG]

And finally why everyone is at peace my soon to be rehomed roo [​IMG] Charlie stuck in the coop
    I still love this guy but he is way to mean [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Awww Charlie~!~ [​IMG]

I'm glad to see these pics. I have two separate flocks of chickens and have been wanting to range my teens (well 14 and17 weeks old anyway) along with my laying hens but was worried about a big blow up.

Were your youngsters easy to round up and get back in their pen?

3. luvchicks8

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    they went right back into the run on there own with in one hour of being out. I did put there food dish in there to help though but I didn't have to chase any once the first went in they all followed.

4. luvchicks8

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Quote:Also to add with this I could not have the older roo out while they were all out together I tried that once and my barred rock just about got killed.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    And I am procrastinating by looking at your pics! [​IMG]

Nice chickens, too bad about Charlie, he a handsome roo!

6. tdgill

tdgill Chillin' With My Peeps

how old is charlie? my roo was nasty as a teenager but settled down quickly.

7. luvchicks8

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Charlie is 19 weeks old but he attacks us and the chicks he spured my son drawing blood this morning just opening the coop to let them out I had to run down and hit him with the broom I was holding to get him off my 8 year old.

8. chickenlady81

chickenlady81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    Thats terrible Luvchicks...I hope you find him a good home.

9. ConnorMayasMom

ConnorMayasMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Old Chatham, NY
    Silly Elvis...he'll learn quickly I'm sure!! Nice pics, I love Buffs!! My most friendly girls!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by