1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First Day of incubating cant wait !!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickencrazy999, Aug 27, 2013.

1. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Hello, so I have just put 20 quail eggs in a brinsea octagon 10 incubator and it is set to the right temp and was wondering from any of your guys experiance if this is going to work the temp is set at about 38'C Thank's :) [​IMG] Who ever is intreasted in this story i will be sure to keep you upadated so its day one and this is the list of everything i have for this project

List: brooding box with air vent 2 60w fire glow bulbs wire and clip,

small drinker, small feeder thomometer and humiditey thing, incubator, eggs ,

chick crumb a bigger brooder for when they get older anti slip mat to stop them spaying there legs thanks

2. Robins Ranch

Robins Ranch Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2013
    Will be watching this post with fingers crossed!! New to this thread and haven't put quail eggs in the incubator so I'm no help sorry, but I do wish you all the best :) by the sounds of it you're all set for success

3. Jessie Jenkin

Jessie Jenkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2013
    Please keep me updated I would love to see the progress :) good luck :)

4. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    Defiantly keep me up dated it sounds like u have everything now u have wait I have incubated 10 quail eggs and now they are around 3 weeks they are very cute when only a cuppple days old I have 5 3 day old chicks they are gorgeous and want to follow me and be with me all the time little cuties they are keep me updated[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Ok thanks guy's i will be sure to keep you upadated I have just hatched 9 quail chicks under a bantam but had a few problems 1 drowned and 3 got crushed so hopefully i will have better luck with the incubator thanks :)

6. Jessie Jenkin

Apr 24, 2013
    Ohh that is bad news
    I hope you have better luck next time :)

7. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    are you hatching any chicks ect at the moment ?

8. Jessie Jenkin

Apr 24, 2013
    Yeah I have 24 eggs in the incubator due to hatch on sunday

9. Jessie Jenkin

Apr 24, 2013
    2nd time incubating eggs
    Last time I wasn't very lucky
    Only 2 hatched out of 8

10. chickencrazy999

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Oh good luck what are you hatching and please keep me updated yes this is my first time incubating eggs but i have hatched 5 bantam chicks under a bantam and 5 quail chicks under a bantam i can show you a pic of the bantam chicks if you would like :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by