First day of kindergarten

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by jtbrown, Aug 21, 2011.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    My oldest goes to first day of kindergarten tomorrow, I am excited and nervous like I am going![​IMG] he seems so little. I know he will be fine, but still I feel like pacing. I know this is the easy stuff, it gets harder, but he is my little buddy, and he is growing up! So much ahead of him, hard and easy, good and bad. Gee, I sound pathetic, had to get it out!

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Aww [​IMG] You are not pathetic. My son will be a JR in HS next week and I am still scared and worried! You are right though, he will be just fine and bursting at the seams with tons of things to tell you when he comes home [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    awww its hard i know [​IMG] they are so excited and its like will my child miss me

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I feel you! I got the first day of Kindergarten blues this morning my only child just got on the bus for the first time and it was really hard watching it drive away. He was so stoked and excited tho. He is super outgoing and not shy at all, It's going to be way harder for me today than him.
    [​IMG]

6. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    LOL those feelings NEVER go away... I started another thread where I was taking my DD off to her senior year of college & still feel like that. Once a mom, always a mom! [​IMG] Take loads of pics, you'll be glad you did in 20 years!

7. jtbrown

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Great pic! My little one was up and standing beside our bed DRESSED an hour before he needed to be this morning with back pack on! We also put him on a bus, we wanted to take him, but he is catching bus from the daycare we have used the last several years (and where my youngest still is) so we can do before and after care and snow days there. So we drove to daycare, he got on the bus with 3 kids who are his buddies. He jumped in line first and led the way with head held high.

Getting ready to go pick him up, wow, I am excited. I can't wait to hear about it. I know it never gets easier, just knowing he has a whole life ahead of him makes me so happy, I want him to "enjoy the ride", carefully and successfully, of course! I will try to post pic this evening.

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    We did that last week. We can weep together. [​IMG]

9. jtbrown

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    Okay here is the pic from this morning, standing on steps as bus pulls up. I hope everyone's first day goes as well as his, he had a blast. I am still taken aback a little, he is in schooL!!! Thanks everyone for understanding, I send you energies for your first days too!

[​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Nice pics. I cried the day my DD started kindergarten.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by