First day of no school...Hera takes advantage

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cetawin, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    So Cheyenne is out of school for the summer and Hera took full advantage of it by screaming her head off at 8:30 until Cheyenne took her out of her quarantine cage and brought her to "her" table downstairs...then screamed again until Cheyenne held her.

They played tug of war with a string:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then Hera decided to take a dustbath in Cheyenne's lap

[​IMG]

Then Hera took a nap forcing Cheyenne to sit in the chair and hold her...everytime Cheyenne tried to get up, Hera would scream at her. So she would sit back down so Hera could nap.

[​IMG]

hahahaha this is gonna be a long summer break if Hera has her way. She has done the same thing to me every day this week...she just wants to sit on her table or be held. Considering we have only had her about 4 days, she is true to cochin personality....very docile and friendly. A real sweetie.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    That is One Pampered Chicken!

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG] Another house chicken! [​IMG] Spoiled chicken, for sure!

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    NO HOUSE CHICKENS WOMAN! But this one is trying to wear us down. LOL She is so adorable.

5. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Best order her a diaper and just be done with it. [​IMG]

edited - just in case: One for Hera not your DD. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  6. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

cute chicken. i wanna get a couple of those!

7. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    The look on Cheyenne's face makes me think she is just as content to sit in that chair with little Miss "this is MY household and we run it MY way" Hera- what a precious pair!

Good luck getting her into a coop! (Hera, not Cheyenne)

BTW, what about the fate of Severus?

8. flatheadfisher

flatheadfisher Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2010
    Cheyenne will not want to leave her new friend in the fall & Hera will be too big to fit in her backpack.

9. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Absolutely priceless pics there LadyHawk! [​IMG] [​IMG] Something tells me that we haven't heard the end of this story yet! [​IMG] I think HorseFeathers has the right notion here. Just get her a good supply of chicken diapers and resolve yourself to the fact that you've been adopted by a house chicken!! [​IMG] That one isn't ever going to take NO for an answer! [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Aw, you have a little princess, too! I'll tell Shadow and she can coach her in the ways of Princesshood.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by