First Day of School.....Homeschool

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by tobin123, Jul 6, 2010.

1. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    So we started school today and it went pretty good.I actually gave Zachary his multiples of 5s and he got a B.I am happy can't you see.:Iam actually a little worried that he needs to work harder on Math,and Handwriting.He doesn't like cursive at all,and well being that he is the only leftie in the house that makes it harder on me.We are going for more of all year round schooling so that he is learning at all time(he allready is)and we can take more time off when needed.
    so how about you all,what is you schedule looking like??????????????[​IMG]

2. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Looks like I will be able to start next month now that i am working and can afford the books/tuition for sure.

3. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    We used to do some days of a few subjects, and other days of other subjects. However, it looks like this fall we'll be doing all subjects in one day. In short, it's school from 9 to either 1 or 3 PM. If you're talking about yearly schedules, then it's kinda like this:

January to June, Early August to December with breaks for holidays and birthdays.

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey cool, we started on Monday.

So far so good, even with me working two days and that throwing everything off. The kids are enthused and I just can't ask for more than that.. except maybe that it holds.

We're using Time4Learning and supplementing TX History for general SS and Life Science instead of general for our son 7th grade. Other than that it's all online courses.

Oh, and DD tried karate class on Thursday and liked it much so we've found her PE credit too. DS has been going for some time, he's a purple belt, but this just seemed a good time for her to try and I'm thrilled she likes it. ANY exercise is good, but this kind could really help out later in life so Bonus Points. [​IMG]

Hope everyone else is having as great a start as us.

5. tobin123

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    We are schooling every day but only MATH,READING,HANDWRITING,and SPELLING.We are studying our stated as well.
    Do you like the Time For Learning??????????I have considered that for next year,the curriculum we use only goes to fourth grade so I need to find something else.I am finding it a little hard right now while it is Summer just BC I need to get alot done outside but I try to get schooling done before or after.It all works out in the end.

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

We use Time 4 Learning too and our 9yr old DD loves it. I like that I can move up and down within the system a bit. Last year she whipped through the 3rd grade Language Arts so fast that we were out of work by January so we moved into 4th grade stuff.

She reads at an 8th grade level but her math skills are on target for a 4th grader so its nice to have that flexibility.

The only thing that I dont like is that it isnt perfect...lol...about once every week or two we find an error on their behalf and she gets aggravated that she missed it on the exam even though she was right. Since i sit with her for most of the work, we usually catch the errors before its a problem.

Otherwise, it gets a thumbs up!

7. tobin123

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    We might look into the Time 4Learning for next year.We are starting our 2nd week.How has it been so far schooling during summer???[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by