First day of school in 2013!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Good luck to you all! (Parents, kids, and teachers) I am home schooled so it's not so bad, but I still don't wanna get up when it's SOOOOOOOOO cold! Have fun!

2. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Hope you have an enjoyable time learning.

Helping my kids with their school work always leads to further fact digging on my own.Two interesting things I found out about was how the Brits were unhappy with the trade levels with China(way back),because they(brits) were buying way more things from China than China was buying for them.So they decided to introduce opium into the chinese market.Create a little addiction and whoa all that silver they traded for chinese stuff was FINALLY flowing back their way. Interesting.

Another tidbit was cloud seeding. Just starting to gather books and movies for my dd's term project.Don't know why cloud seeding popped into my head,but I got her to do it on that subject.

So I have been looking at state web sites like Utah and Texas who talk about their seeding projects. Now I knew seeding created rain,but did you also know sometimes it is used to STOP the rain? I was reading how China used cloud seeding to ensure clear rainless days on holidays.Days when they expect the public to be, well, out in public. Ah,but then I read they have also(by accident I assume) created 2 major snow storms as well.So we mess with the weather,and sometimes it gets the better of us!

Learning can be so much fun,but I too am a late starter.Tried my best in college to take all late day classes! I had one at 7:45am.The horror of it,and worse was it was an english grammar class.

Time to get the kids up for school!

3. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    That is really cool! I didn't know you could stop the rain! That's so cool! I had two looooooong haaaaard days considering I hardly slept a wink the past to nights! I did really well on my language test though! YAY! My dad isn't helping the sleeping matter any, he has me look at some stuff on different sites, and tells me different things he read, and I listen with my eyes half way open, and then I tell him "I'm going to bed now... " and then he'll say "okay, but look at this!" I'm thinking, "UGH! Just let me go to bed already! It's like 11:45 pm!!!!!!!"[​IMG] by the time I FINALLY get to bed, i'm like a zombie! [​IMG]lol, only like two hours of sleep for the past two nights. That God that tomorrow he has to get up at 4:30 am to go to work this time! maybe I can get to bed by 10! Pets and G-ma allowing that is. It is very rare to BE IN bed by 10:30. And now that school is started, I have basically no time for my friends, between; school work, piano lessons, spanish lessons, chickens (5), dogs (2), cats (3), fish (19), a frog, a hamster, a 104 year old great grandma to take care of 24/7, helping my mom clean, helping my mom with couponing (I mostly do the online part of it: searching/printing etc.), laundry, my job helping my neighbor 3 days a week, packing to move, helping work at the new house, watching my g-ma when my parents are gone, eating, and sleeping. My friends are very important to me and I WILL FIND A WAY! (to spend more time with them) tooooooooooooooooooooooo much to do in 24 hours! [​IMG]

4. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    ps. I have a lot of time to do other things, when my friends arent home, but of coarse, not when they are... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by