first day of school

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 3goodeggs, Aug 22, 2011.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    I feel like the only person on the planet that hates sending my kid off.
    I'm only three hours into it and I miss him.
    It is going to be a long year.
    They just grow up too fast.
    It's his first year of high school...next will be college and then marriage and whaaaa! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I enjoy being a parent.
    I like my kid.
    I'll get over it, but... snif.
    snif.
    [​IMG]

2. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    My wife is pregnant with no kids yet but I know I will be a mess. I miss my chickens when I go on vacation and think about them all of the time. I figure when I have kids, I will be 100 times worse. And if I have a daughter, I'm going to be a constant mess [​IMG]

3. man! i wish my parents were like you then!!!! [​IMG] my parents make me go to school even when i'm sick!

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    chicken randomness, I believe the place to be when you are sick is resting in bed. That keeps all the other kids from getting sick. ( I'd bring you ice water and Motrin. )
    But as soon as you felt well enough to play on the computer... back to the grind.
    At my house you have to be willing to die of boredom to stay home, or be so sick you don't care. [​IMG]

BellevueOmlet, you are going to love being a parent. Be sure to soak it all in, take time to play, and take time to listen. It is the best job in the world. [​IMG]

Now, off to make cookies (or something) to welcome him home with.

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I dread taking the kids to school each day.We enjoy our time together over the summer.Hate to see it end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by