First Day of School

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Henrietta23, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Ah, the magic day has arrived! At 8:23 this morning I watched my 6 year old confidently climb the steps of the bus and sit in the front seat. He even waved and blew me a kiss. I blew one back which cause the girl sitting behind him to blow me a kiss! LOL, no idea who she is! We enjoyed listening to our roosters crow in the distance as we waited for the bus.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  2. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

My daughter started high school 3 weeks ago, I remember 6 years old.. it was such a nice time. I just finished processing her 8th grade graduation photos (we had to buy a gown & cap seperate & sneak into the school after school was out to take the pics because they don't do a traditional graduation here and I refused to NOT have those cap and gown pics!!!)... but TODAY.. TODAY...

I woke up TODAY and found her dressed in full Navy ROTC dress uniform for the first time. She's already received one promotion since school started and she looked, well.. just amazing. Pressed & clean, neatly tucked & tidy with her shiny new bars & nametag... and I just couldn't believe how much she'd grown; how much of a woman she already is. It was one of "those" moments and she really just took my breathe away...

So, mom, I know how ya feel, congratulations on your big bundle of joy and his first day of school.

3. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Wow! Now that's something to be proud of!! Congrats back at ya!

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    They grow up SO fast, enjoy this time.[​IMG]
    Of five, I only have one left at home, starting 10th grade next week. Its happy and sad all at once.

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Wonderful posts and pic! Those moments are most precious to me and I will miss them when my last leaves the nest. I'm sure I will still get those warm, but sad, fuzzies with each new and surprising phase of their lives. Even the simple one's like when you see them be very kind to someone when they don't even know you are watching! Well, that's just what a mother lives for, really. [​IMG]

6. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    After getting off the very late bus this afternoon. I swear he looks older already. He had a great day, loves his teacher, and made sure I read every piece of paper sent home!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  7. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Mine starts a week from today
    8:10am til 2:10 in the afternoon.
    I swear the last five and a half years have FLOWN by!

bodyflight- that is great. Only one school around her has the ROTC. I am hoping my daughter chooses to go there.

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I started my 10th grade year on Monday......blah.....

Your son is sooooo cute!

9. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Aw, thanks! Have a great year. It will go by so quickly. Trust me!

10. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

I COMPLETELY understand how you feel...my youngest started Pre-School this past Monday....I felt kinda lost sitting around the house waiting for her to come home:(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by