1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First day outside!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Zannacat, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Zannacat

Zannacat New Egg

Jul 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I took the girls out today for about 30 minutes. I made a little makeshift fence and sat with them. They seemed a bit overwhelmed but did peck around a bit. The Reds are getting their wing feathers faster than the rest and caught some air today (about an inch).

[​IMG]

2. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    They're adorable!

I'm from Houston, and I never knew we could keep backyard chickens there, so I didn't. Now I'm in College Station and we can't (but I do).

3. Zannacat

Zannacat New Egg

Jul 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Well, technically I'm from Manvel which is just south of Houston. It's kinda rural. Lots of cows, horses, chickens, guineas. I just put Houston on my profile b/c I figured nobody would know where Manvel was. [​IMG]

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    What a beautiful picture with those chicks against that bright green.

I haven't seen green like that this year.... we're in a bad drought. I miss the green!

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    What a bunch of sweeties! [​IMG]

6. mylittlehof

mylittlehof Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    Cuties! My chicks are all maturing differently also - some are getting their wings and tails faster then others - interesting to watch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by