First day with Bobwhites

ButtonBuck

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 31, 2014
Picking up 30 Northern Bobwhite and 30 Tennessee Reds today they hatched Tuesday. What size box would ideal for the next few weeks?

Picking up 30 Northern Bobwhite and 30 Tennessee Reds today they hatched Tuesday. What size box would ideal for the next few weeks?

you'll do ok for a while with a smaller one, but after 3-4 weeks you're gonna be needing a big one.

I would suggest going ahead and getting your pens ready, and move em in as the need arises

course you'll have to account for warmth...

When I raised quail I used a kids swimming pool.It's about 3' wide.I covered the top with luan,cut a hole to place a light on top plus another cut out for food and water.All cut outs were covered with wire.But if I recall the water bottle was too tall so I bent the wire so it would keep a seal and fit over the water bottle.Keep the water bottle away from the heat source so it doesn't get too hot for them to drink.
In N.H.,Tony.

When I raised quail I used a kids swimming pool.It's about 3' wide.I covered the top with luan,cut a hole to place a light on top plus another cut out for food and water.All cut outs were covered with wire.But if I recall the water bottle was too tall so I bent the wire so it would keep a seal and fit over the water bottle.Keep the water bottle away from the heat source so it doesn't get too hot for them to drink.
In N.H.,Tony.

Thats funny, I keep my chick water near the light so it stays warm...

Not really. Even my adult coturnix will go off water if the sun heats it up too much. If it isn't too hot they'll drink it, so you know you're getting it too hot because well your birds are surviving.

Pick them up and lost two so far I also have some with so legs staying straight out I have paper towel down they came home like that. Any chance they will grow out of it or make it?

Just found out it's splay leg. Would it be too late to try to treat it they are 3 days going on 4

Back
Top Bottom