First Deer at Age 42!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by bluey, Dec 2, 2008.

1. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    I guess you can say I was pacing myself. My first buck hunt lasted an hour and a half and ended 14, yes 14, bullets later. [​IMG]

The bucks were out in the field posing for me and trying to hold back the laughter as I volleyed seemingly endless rifle fire followed by an expletive under my breath after each miss. The funny thing is neither buck I saw even bothered to run, they just stood there unimpressed by my hunting skills, standing out there seemingly mocking me. They kinda looked like this > [​IMG]

Yes, it was quite embarrassing but now I've got a ton of venison in the freezer! [​IMG]

My first deer at 42! An eight point buck! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Way to go!! Ahh who cares if it took 14 bullets!!! Its dead right?!! Thats the only thing that matters!

3. Don

Don Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    Oil City, PA
    Yum Yum Yum!

[​IMG]
    Congrats to ya!

So was it you or a hunting buddy that wiped the blood under your eyes? [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
  4. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    Congratulation brother, that is a nice one.

Omran.

5. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

Congrats [​IMG]
    Better late than never [​IMG]

6. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Actually, before I got my buck, I helped gut one I missed and my buddy ended up getting when I [​IMG] ran out of bullets [​IMG] . We were screwing around and figured I needed a little war paint so the other bucks would take me more seriously. [​IMG] It didn't work and I had long forgotten it was there when the above picture was snapped.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  7. wohneli

wohneli Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2008
    Gainesville
    The next one at 43 - and with only 10 bullets!!

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulations Bluey!!!!! How much did he weigh??? I hope to get my first deer next year at 41 [​IMG] where did all those years go bluey????

9. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Whoa...slow down...13 sounds like a little more realistic of a goal... [​IMG]

10. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Lurky...it's amazing how time flies isn't it? Before you know it, we'll have our teeth in a glass on a bedroom nightstand... [​IMG]

We processed it ourselves but my BIL's guestimate was about 180lbs. I have no idea whether that is alot or not since this is my first deer...

I heard that Lurky's super power involves "mind bullets"!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by