1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First dozen from the Delightful Dozen

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Linda in San Diego, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Well, it is a special day here at Dragonfly Farms! We got one egg from each hen today! My DH put all of today's eggs together for me to see when I got home from work today! I love collecting eggs and I miss it on the weekdays! But it was awesome to find out that we had a total egg day!
    We also have two GIANT eggs waiting to be photographed and then cracked - not from today, but still they are awesome!
    Only one problem, we are going to run out of cartons and space for eggs real soon!

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    How blessed you are!

We have 18 hens are a biggest day has been 9 (today).

I can't imagine getting 18 in one day!

3. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Well, the day will come - get the 18 seater ready! LOL - I am now out of dozen egg containers - I need to start filling the 18 seaters myself! Luckily we will have friends that will take and even pay for about 3 dozen this week....humm, we will still have PLENTY LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by