First duck eggs in the bator!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Angie Poo, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Angie Poo

Angie Poo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2013
    Parma, Idaho
    This is my first time ever incubating eggs. I got an incubator with an auto egg turner from my local feed store and placed 11 eggs in it. It is now day 15 almost 16. I had to remove two of the 11 eggs in the first week since there was no growth but the 9 left are doing great! I'm really surprised that so many are actually growing! The reason I say that was since only 4 of the eggs were fresh and the other 7 were collected while I was at fair which made them 1-2 weeks old and kept in far from perfect conditions. I just candled them since I wasn't up to doing it a few days ago (I got bucked off my horse) and it reminds me of an ultra sound... I get to see them wiggle and kick! :) I'm getting pretty impatient now lol can't wait tell they hatch! I will have a mix of different mix breeds which includes Indian runners, Rouens and Anconas.

2. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    u ride horses so do I what breed do u have I own a stud so I have a least 30 riding is the best u get a taste of freedom I do hate when I get bucked off got buck off by a horse I was breaking in and I snapped my humorous now about the eggs u are not going to be sleeping my friend for the next few days u are going to be a tired person while u wait for those little guys to hatch good LUCK

3. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    I hope they do well please keep us updated :) Good luck

4. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    You know duck eggs take 28 days to hatch, right?

Wishing you the best of luck with them. I have had less success with duck eggs than with chicken eggs, but I have hatched a few. Duckies imprint on people very easily; they are such cute little critters. Uh oh. Now I'm getting wistful for the plip-plap-plip-plap of little webbed feet on the kitchen floor . . . .[​IMG]

Keep us posted!

5. chickencrazy999

chickencrazy999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2013
    England, UK
    Bunny lady are you hatching any chicks ect at the moment ?

6. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    No, I'm trying to get my numbers down (though I have some Seramas that are still laying well and I am awfully tempted!)

7. Angie Poo

Jul 27, 2013
    Parma, Idaho
    Chickarooo my family breeds and raises mules. We currently have a total of 17 head. Our mares are a mix of paints, thoroughbreds, and quarter horses. Right now I'm working on retraining a 3 year old off the track thoroughbred gelding ( he is quiet the handful but is making leaps and bounds).

Bunnylady yes I did lots of research before I jumped into this (like I do with all my adventures). Since your name is Bunnylady does that mean you have lots of bunnies too? Lol

Thanks everyone I will keep you posted on how my eggs are developing. I can't wait until the 8th of September! That's day 28 for these guys.

8. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    I am breaking in a 3 year old warm blood he is a stunner but boy can he move and he finds it fun to buck and buck like a bucking bronco

9. Bunnylady

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Leaps and bounds right out from under you, from the sound of it.[​IMG]

Yes, I have bunnies. A few goats, two quarter horses, two miniature horses, and a mini mule. Let's not talk about cats, shall we?[​IMG]

10. Angie Poo

Jul 27, 2013
    Parma, Idaho
    Maybe he thinks he should be in a rodeo instead [​IMG]
    Haha yes Bunnylady leaps and bounds right out from under me! I was asking since I have bunnies too [​IMG] I happen to breed and show them [​IMG] I agree about the cats... I'm not even sure of how many I have anymore...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by