1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

First ducklings hatched :) Pekin/Rouen Cross (PICS)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by evansacres, Jun 25, 2011.

1. evansacres

evansacres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

These guys are just a few days old. Most of them I believe are from my rouen duck and male, but you can't miss my little cross (in the middle with the pink bill) [​IMG] He or she is adorable and I can't wait to see what it looks like once it feathers out! Momma duck has been out with them and they are busy, busy, busy. They all have black feet except for "Spot" who's feet are just like the rest of him - half black and half white - it's so cute [​IMG]

2. ElaineS585

ElaineS585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2010
    Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

3. Sadiew

Sadiew Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Spain
    Oh so cute.

4. ceth_k

ceth_k New Egg

Jun 9, 2011
    nice duckies you got there.[​IMG]

5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    They're so cute!

6. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Can you post a pic of the one in the middle? I have one that hatched out that looks almost identical from the one in pictures except his feet are black with yellow spots.
    Maybe that is what he is crossed with???

7. evansacres

evansacres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2011
    boykin2010 will do my best to get you a "close-up". Momma rouen is very protective, my daughter picked one of them up this morning while they scooted through their fence and whoohoo there were some shrieks going on. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    Oh, they are adorable! Congrats! Please keep us updated on Spot as s/he grows up. [​IMG] would love to see more pics!

9. Novaleigh

Novaleigh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2012
    Queen Creek, AZ
    HUH! I have been trying so hard to find out what Cupcake was! Looks like she (he?) is a mixed breed (I was suspecting). Here are pics. Cupcake is a little over 2 weeks old in these photos.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by