first ear infection in my life

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by backdoorchicken, May 21, 2010.

1. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    now i feel bad for all those kids with the tubes from my childhood.

i hope this z-pack the doc prescribed gets rid of it. if not, the vicodin should take my mind off of things.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Hurts dont it?? I hate them... [​IMG]
    Hope ya feel better soon!

3. Mandalina

Mandalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    man....and all my doc gives me is a basic antibiotic. next time i want vicodin.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I'm saying... [​IMG]

I'm asking next time...lol

5. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG] I'm going thru the same exact thing right now. The doctor sent me 4 drops twice a day.

6. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    bummer [​IMG] Ear infections are so painful, my son just got over one. Take all your meds, and no swimming. You're not supposed to put your head under water until everything is healed up. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

7. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    I had my first one last week. I got a z pak and codeine. I was so dizzzy i felt like i had too much to drink.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have had so many of them in my lifetime, I swear I would rather have surgery than suffer those danged things. I actually lost hearing in my right ear from a really bad one that knocked me out for over a week. [​IMG]

9. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    My rabbit had an EI

10. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I SWEAR by this home remedy, really and truly. I originally read this on the internet and tried it out of desperation and could not believe the results: Get a jar of minced garlic. Put an eye dropper in and get a good amount of the garlic juice. Lie on your side and squeeze several drops at least into your ear. Lie there as long as you can without letting it drain out (preferably 5-10 mins). Then put a tissue to your ear and sit up, letting it run into the tissue.

YES, it stinks like garlic and yes it's sticky. But I did this twice in first day and it was drastically better the next morning. I did it twice more the next day, and it disappeared like magic. Truly shocking. I am not the hokey-pokey type, but I SWEAR by this! It really works.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by