first egg a double yolk

mxpres

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Lenoir,NC
I was surprised to find that the first egg from my barred rocks was a double yolk,although small as it was,I was wondering how many of byc members have found double yolks in their first egg? I hope this is a sigh of many more to come
clap.gif

Both of my Salmon Faverolles laid a double yolk egg for their first egg!
Since then, they have all been single yolked, which I'm sure they have been happy about since those double yolked eggs are HUGE and they both complained like mad while trying to pass them the first time!
roll.png

The first couple of weeks were the only time I had 2 or 3 double yolkers...None for almost a year. It only happened with the 'new' layers for me, I have read it happens more often early on until the 'kinks in the plumbing' are worked out.....
hmm.png

Well congrats and ouch! for her. . . One of my Araucanas' first egg was a double yolker. For such a tiny breed - She laid a huge one! Can you imagine? Your first egg a double yolker? She surely didn't seem too happy laying it. (I was right there when it happened.)

Hi everybody, Gabrielle here!
My fist egg was also a double yolker!!
It was so tiny! :) I also like you wondered if that meant she would lay '' lot of eggs' :)
I'm pretty sure it came from a black austalourp but it could have been two other breeds.
So excited!!
My new laying pullets (12) have given me three eggs in the past week so, I'm thinking it doesn't mean she had a lot to get out of there lol
The temperature has been in the 20's and thirties though!

My first egg ever - from my Rhode Island Reds, was a double yolk. And then one of her sisters did the same thing. I was certain it was a testament to my amazing chicken raising abilities, but then I found out it is not THAT rare for the first egg to be a double yolk.

Back
Top Bottom