FIRST EGG!!!!!! ahhhhhhh!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Stormhorse23, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    My little bantam, Star, laid me a huge egg (for her size) today. It was cracked when I found it, so I had to throw it away, BUT IT WAS STILL AN EGG! Figure I'll get one tomorrow? [​IMG]

2. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    I am sooooooooooo jealous of everyone who is getting eggs!!! I can't wait until mine start! Maybe I will try that barbecue idea..... [​IMG]

3. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    sorry you found it broken, was it really so cracked and dirty you had to toss it?

If you found it fresh you could eat it as long as it looks clean, the heat from cooking it would kill the germs.

But isn't it great to get that first one,but surprise they all feel just as good,I just found my 29th egg and I am flying, it tasted really good. [​IMG]

4. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    After posting earlier I went out to do some touch up work on the chicken pen and decided to check for eggs even though I had checked early this morning. Low and behold I have and egg! [​IMG] I never thought I would be so excited over an egg before! My son ran in the house to get his dad and show him. He was so excited! (alright girls....I take back the barbecue threat....just keep 'em comin' !!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by