First Egg And Three Eggs All Laid By The Same Hen!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FarmerGrant011, Oct 25, 2011.

1. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    I promised myself I wouldn't post this because of all the people that wouldn't believe me.. But I don't care. My polish HEN [​IMG] laid her first egg... This is how it started... I was emailing someone then i heard..'
    **THE EGG SONG** But I did not know it was the egg song and thought she was being attacked or something... So I went outside and I found two eggs in the middle of the coop! I only have one chicken that lays white eggs, so I know it was her. Then once I am inside, I put the eggs in a bowl and BAM!!!!
    **THE EGG SONG!!!!*** I went outside and there it was... A THIRD FREAKING EGG. No one was home so I know it wasn't like my family playing a prank or anything but I SWEAR!!! My polish, JoAnne laid THREE eggs in ONE SINGLE DAY!!!

Here is the picture!! I promise people this is not a joke.

[​IMG]

I know they are pretty small, but I don't care. I got eggs!! These are my first eggs! I am cracking one, and putting the others in the incubator!!!

Grant

2. chickenpredatorkiller

chickenpredatorkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    South Carolina
    How many and what types of chickens do u have in your coop and do you have a roo?

3. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Good for her! Sounds like she was starting to back up there, glad she got them out and to you.

4. FarmerGrant011

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    I have 4 chickens, but the other three are only 4 months OLD. She is 8. And yes there is a rooster. Or else I wouldn't be trying to put them in the incubator??

5. FarmerGrant011

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    Quote:Thanks! Yeah, it scared me really badly when she was screaming more than singing the egg song. lol

6. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I snuck over and put in that first egg. [​IMG]

Just kidding! LOL!

I'd be screaming too with three in one day!

7. Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Mommy 2 Wee Ones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2011
    North Texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I still get startled by one of my hen's egg song. I yelled at my youngest last week, because I thought she was trying to catch the chickens again. [​IMG] But it was just Fiesta doing her egg song, because Baby Girl was in the favorite nest.

8. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    You gotta let us know when Joann lays her next egg. I'm betting after such a heroic effort, she'll wait a couple days lol. But you never know!

9. FarmerGrant011

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    Quote:YOU HAVE JINXED ME!!!! She hasn't laid yet lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by