First Egg! But who did it??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by EmsChooks, Jul 9, 2010.

1. EmsChooks

EmsChooks Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2010
    England, Uk
    Yipeeee I found an egg! I am so eggcited, I have been checking on them probably far too much lately in anticipation and got the shock of my life yesterday when the actually was a cute little egg sat there [​IMG] [​IMG]

So now I am trying to figure out which one is responsible. I have a BCM and a Speckledy aged 21 weeks, neither has a very big comb nor is red, neither squat nor make much sound. Both were poorly a few weeks ago with worms, mites etc so I am thinking that they are unlikely culprits. Then I have a Goldline and a Nera aged 22 weeks. Both are very red faced. The goldline laid her first egg on June 4th, two days after getting her, but nothing since however I think the mites and worms and the cold they all had may have caused that. The Nera is still very wheezy and seems a bit poorly still whereas the Goldline squats when I go in their coop, she sings her little heart out but I haven't heard the actual egg song from her so I suppose she may be a possibility. Then finally I have a white Leghorn and a Bluebell. They are 23 weeks. Now I know it isn't the leghorn cause the egg isn't white so that leaves the Bluebell. She has also started clucking a lot and squatting and has beome far more interested in being around me over the past week or so. So from this I am thinking maybe its my Goldline or Bluebell???? Not sure what eggs a bluebell lays but I assume they will may well be large as she is a big girl!

I would upload a picture however I can't see anything on here to click on to upload a piccy????

2. claireree

claireree Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    I know the feeling, I got my first eggs today, I got 2 eggs I know which egg laid one but I have no idea who laid the other one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by